EME was established in 1952 as a designer and producer of aerospace and ordnance equipment. Since then, the company has been engaged in the development and manufacturing of electromechanical aircraft components for the international commercial and defense aerospace industry. Our customers value the leading edge technology of our products as well as the outstanding support levels we provide.

2014

EME becomes a subsidiary of TransDigm Group Inc.

2012

EME decided to separate from its business relationship with the GVZ (Güterverkehrszentrum) in Ingolstadt.

2003

EME becomes a subsidiary of DCX-CHOL Enterprises Inc.

2000

EME establishes its subsidiary EMP as a best-cost operation in Paks, Hungary.

1998

EME becomes a subsidiary of SL Industries Inc. and formed a Joint Venture in Hungary.

1978

EME moves location from Dusseldorf to Ingolstadt, Germany. At the time, the heart of the German aerospace industry is in Southern Germany; MBB (later, EADS; today, Airbus Defence & Space) is headquartered in Ottobrunn near Munich.

1976

EME becomes a subsidiary of International Controls Corporation (ICC)  and starts actively participating in the Bundesverband der Deutschen Luftfahrtindustrie (BDLI).

1972

EME is assigned with the development of the MRCA Tornado Roll & Pitch Trim Actuator.

1963

EME establishes a repair service as a European representative of EEMCO, headquartered in Los Angeles, US. Maintenance of the EEMCO F 104 Flap & Slat Drive Systems.

1957

The sanctions against the German aerospace industry imposed in the wake of WWII are lifted. As a result, dealing in aircraft components made in Germany becomes possible.

1952

Establishment of the Elektro-Metall Export GmbH in Dusseldorf, Germany, by US Air Force pilot William Alexander Hamilton and Udo van Meeteren. EME is concerned with the design and production of aerospace and ordnance equipment.

Contact
Assistant to the President

Sylvia Seitz
T +49 841 9651 150
F +49 841 9651 200
sylvia.seitz@eme-in.de

All Contacts